ISA Level 1 Surf Instructor Course
8. March 2021 @ 8:00 – 10. March 2021 @ 17:00
International Surfing Association Level 1 Surf Instructor course as well as Surf Coach Safety and rescue competency award.
The International Surfing Association Level 1 Surf Instructor works with the novice surfer in white water teaching basic surfing skills including an introduction to equipment, beach safety, paddling catching waves, popping up, riding white water and traversing white water. These skills are learned on soft boards in white water conditions on beach breaks. This course is aimed at individuals with surfing experience who wish to teach basic surfing techniques to the novice.
The course will be held in English.
Requirements to participate to the course:
– The candidates must be 16 years or older
– The candidates must demonstrate a reasonable surf proficiency (paddle “out back”, take-off and surf right and left on an unbroken wave)
– Minimum 10 participants required, maximum 20
Additional requirements to obtain the Level 1 surf coach certification:
– 20 hours lesson planning and coaching experience with an ISA level one coach or greater (or equivalent) as a mentor, logged and planned. Lesson plans and logs to be then returned to course presenter for assessmen
CHF 500.- (SSA Active Members) / CHF 550.- (all others)
Active Members get a discount if logged in. If you are not yet an Active Member, you will automatically receive the Active Membership with the registration to the Instructor Course and can benefit from the Active Member advantages.
8. – 10. March 2021
Location: Alaïa Chalet, Lens and Les Iles, Sion.
The Lodging is not included in the price but you can benefit from the special conditions at Alaïa for CHF 65 per night (incl. breakfast). No other meals will be provided as part of the training.