- This event has passed.
ISA Level 1 Surf Instructor Course
21. October 2022 @ 8:00 - 25. October 2022 @ 18:00650,00CHF
International Surfing Association Level 1 Surf Instructor course as well as Surf Coach Safety and rescue competency award.
The International Surfing Association Level 1 Surf Instructor works with the novice surfer in white water teaching basic surfing skills including an introduction to equipment, beach safety, paddling catching waves, popping up, riding white water and traversing white water. These skills are learned on soft boards in white water conditions on beach breaks. This course is aimed at individuals with surfing experience who wish to teach basic surfing techniques to the novice.
The course will be held in English.
The practical portion of the rescue competency award will be held at a lake close to Alaia Bay. The water temperature may be low and it will be required from each participant to have right equipment.
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE?
– The candidates must be 16 years or older
– The candidates must demonstrate a reasonable surf proficiency (paddle “out back”, take-off and surf right and left on an unbroken wave)
– Minimum 8 participants required, maximum 12
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN CERTIFICATION?
– 20 surf lessons minimum (= 20 surf lessons of 1h30 minimum) at an offshore surf school with the Workbook duly filled in by you and signed/stamped by the school and the coach trainer.
The full list of requirements will be shared with all participants.
CHF 650.- (ISA level 1 CHF 350 and ILS CHF 300)
- – 25. October 2022
Location: Alaïa Bay, Sion (Switzerland)
LODGING AND FOOD?
Lodging will have to be organized individually by participants. With regards to lunch, the course will be held at Alaïa Bay where there is a restaurant, but participants can also bring their own food.
Cold water wetsuit gear, booties and hood and a surfboard. There is the possibility to rent gear at Alaïa directly if you do not have the required material
There are no sessions organized as part of the course. However, you are free to organize you own sessions after the course.